At Novus Homes, we understand that building your dream home can be a daunting task.
That's why we've put together some top budgeting tips to help guide you through the process and make it a little less overwhelming.
Talking to your mortgage broker
Firstly, it's important to decide on your budget before starting your building journey.
If you’re not sure what your budget is, your mortgage broker will be able to assist you. We’ll work with you and your mortgage broker to arrive at a budget that suits you.
Related Articles: Building Grants Western Australia: Amount, Eligibility, and Availability
Locking in your building contract
Next, we recommend locking down your contract to avoid any budget blowouts later down the track.
Our team fully estimates our jobs upfront so there is limited risk for cost blowouts. We also offer fixed-priced HIA contracts, so you know exactly what to expect. Take your time to read and understand the contract before signing.
Building a new home should be an exciting experience, not a stressful one!
Look around and do your research
It's also important to shop around and do your research. Come and visit our display homes and see what we have to offer. We pride ourselves on providing value and ensuring our clients receive high-quality homes that they can live in for many years to come.
We’re always happy to ensure that you’re getting the best possible product for you, within your price range.
Talk to the experts
Speaking to experts can also be helpful. Our in-house design team has over 50 designs to choose from and can also tailor a design to suit your lifestyle.
You can be sure that each home is unique and exactly how you want it.
In order to start your building journey, you should:
- Organise your budget and speak with your mortgage broker to find the best construction loan for you.
- Choose your builder and conduct research. Come and visit our display homes, read reviews, talk to friends and family who have built before, and talk to a New Homes Consultant about the products and trades we use.
- Meet with your chosen builder and ensure that you have trust and confidence in the journey ahead.
- Work with us to design your home and tailor a design to meet your needs.
- Finally, sign your contract and make sure that your price is locked down to avoid any extra costs in the future.
Related Article: Can I Buy A House With A $20,000 Deposit in Western Australia?
At Novus Homes, we’ve built new homes in Western Australia for over 30 years. We are quality assured with both a structural warranty and a 12-month service warranty, and only use trusted trades and suppliers.
We’ve won numerous awards for our work, including Australia’s Best Display Home for both the HIA and MBA, as well as various customer service awards. We have expert professionals on board who are always happy to answer any questions you may have. Get in touch and let’s start planning your dream home.